It’s such a pity that even years after formulation of specific regulations for effective disposal of hazardous medical wastes, people are still not aware of even the basics.
For instance, if you run a healthcare center or are even a part of it, biomedical waste management could be quite overwhelming. In the midst of innumerable activities that you need to perform daily, keeping track of the important elements relating medical wastes is certainly a tough nut to crack.
However, no matter how intricate it might be, proper management of biohazard wastes is an absolute obligation.
And for this, here we have brought for you a few important activities- some which are imperative to perform and others which should be absolutely forbidden.
What You Should Always Do:
- Consult an expert, fully-licensed, bonded and insured medical waste disposal agency for biohazard disposal.
- Never forget to formulate an effective waste management plan which encompasses training of your employees and waste pickup schedules for the waste management organization.
- Educate and encourage your employees thoroughly. Let them know what is to be discarded in what type of container. Improper segmentation of wastes could always lead to some extra costs.
- Label the biohazard waste containers appropriately so that each and every person knows the kind of material to be thrown in a particular container
What You Should Not Do:
- The regular trash that comes out should not be fed to the biohazard waste containers. This increases your expenses a great deal.
- For sharps wastes, there are specific sharps waste bags and containers. Discard these dangerous sharps in designated sharps containers and never throw them negligently with the regular wastes.
- Do not schedule the pickup of waste containers when they are brim-full. These should be picked when they are about three-fourth full.
- The containers used for disposal of human wastes and animal wastes etc. should also be kept separately.
- Don’t use the medical waste containers to dispose of the radioactive materials you use.
- Do not keep the medical waste containers in an open area. All these should be kept at a restricted place with anallowance of only the authorized personnel.
These are some of the aspects which need a cool head to think.
And the best you could do is get the assistance of a good medical waste disposal agency that assists you in all the processes relating medical waste management.
They offer you the best quality waste containers and offer all the services from transportation, treatment, and disposal of medical wastes in accordance with all the regulations of your concerned region.
Get the best assistance on medical waste aspects so that they do not turn a future-issue for you.